Yesterday would not be what one would consider a "good" day. It's wasn't a horrible one, but it was somewhere in between.
Grant and I both had days at work that were not full of the awesome (as Aunt Becky would say). So I hatched a plan to make all of the unawesomeness (just made that word up, patent pending) go away. Three things came to mind:
1) Alcohol (of course) (I promise to stop talking about the booze so much. maybe.)
2) Junk Food
I got numbers 2 and 3 accomplished with a quick run to Target during lunch. Junk Food = microwave popcorn. Movie = The Princess and the Frog.
I got number 1 done after work with a stop to my favorite liquor store. They are always so friendly and cheery there, and they carry my booze to my car for me. I like them.
I also enjoy going to the liquor store to see if they will card me. It's happening at an alarmingly low frequency as of late. So when I do get carded I feel sorta good about myself.
Here was the conversation with Mr. Friendly Liquor Store Checkout Man from yesterday:
Mr. Friendly: Oh, let me see your ID. Just for good measure!
Me: Bless your heart [handing him my ID].
Mr. Friendly: [looks at ID] Well, Annie [hate when people call me Annie. The e is clearly silent], you don't look a day over 21!
Me: Thanks! You just made my day.
Mr. Friendly: Must be all that clean livin'!
Me: Yes, that must be it [I say as I reach for the massive amounts of alcohol that I have just purchased].
Yes, Mr. Friendly, one gigantic bag of liver killer must be considered "clean livin". Two would be going overboard.
The rest of the evening was also not full of the awesome.
1) Miles whined for 10 minutes about wanting "back-gone". WTF. We could not figure it out. At all. Then it dawned on me. POPCORN. I had mentioned having popcorn once like 2 hours earlier. I should learn by now that his mind is a steel trap. I often wish toddlers had an LCD screen attached to their foreheads so I could get a universal translator application. Would save me [and him] a lot of grief.
2) Popcorn ground into the couch cushions. Enough said.
3) "Watched" the movie for like 20 minutes. Didn't hear much of it over all the yelling. [mine]
4) Grant takes Miles outside and I can hear him [Miles, not Grant] screaming his head off. The neighbors surely called CPS.
Bedtime was at 8:15 [for me] because I decided that this day needed to END. But I fell asleep with a smile on my face because Mr. Friendly thinks I don't look a day over 21. Must be all the sleep ;)