Tuesday, March 9, 2010

March Madness: Beautiful Blogger Award


I have been given the Beautiful Blogger Award by the very sweet Kelli. She is mama to the always adorable Aiden, and her blog is certainly beautiful. Therefore I am honored to have been chosen by her for this award. I wish I could make a Sandra Bullock-like acceptance speech but I'm just not that articulate and luminous. So instead I will just say THANK YOU Kelli, and pass it along!

First, I believe I am supposed to say 7 things about me. I am going to try and come up with some obscure facts that my friends might not even know about me. Maybe.

1. I've had something like 15 different job titles in the 10 years since I have graduated from college. I didn't say 15 different jobs, I said 15 different job titles. I tend to morph into other things once I get into a job, and my title inevitably changes. Am I proud that that? Not particularly. But VistaPrint has made a fortune from me in business cards.

2. I hate horror movies. Like, HATE them. I will even turn the channel if there is a commercial for one on. They are a waste of time.

3. I was originally going to be a psychology major but then failed Stats for Psych miserably so that was the end of that. There were no statistics requirements for a B.A. in writing, so I decided that sounded like a good choice.

4. Did I mention I am bad at math? That's why I married an accountant.

5. I have never been in a car accident and I have never received a speeding ticket. True story. But now that I have written this I will certainly do both. Today, probably.

6. I have been to Bourbon Street in New Orleans and I received beads while I was there. That's all I'm going to say about that.

7. I love my friends, family and life so fiercely that sometimes it scares me. But life is all about passion, right?


Passing on awards is a hard thing to do for so many reasons, but I am going to do my best. So many of you that I would have chosen have already gotten this award, and for good reason!!

I have decided to give this award to a bunch of blogs who make me smile every day with their beautiful pictures. I love me some good photography. And as a bonus these wonderful picture-takers just happen to be awesome mamas, too!

Bliss Photography (other blog at Little Baby Bliss)

Olive Avenue Photography (other blog at Our Golden Girl)

Songbird Photography (other blog at Stoll My Heart)

3 Continent Family

Love is Spoken Here



11 comments:

  1. wow! thanks, anne! so sweet of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your award!

    I turn the channel TOO from horror flics because then it just gets into my head!

    Euww!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your seven! Your #3 reminds me of me a bit - I started out a math major, until I did so miserably at theory in college, don't remember the most miserable class now but it was BAD. Then realized I aced my History class and thought hmmm, let's head that direction. Totally logical switch, don't you think? Also switched from Secondary Ed to Elementary, though that one isn't such a weird stretch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your list! Great ones! And man... I need to do this before there is no one left to nominate! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that you mention it, I haven't had a speeding ticket or been in an accident either. Of course, but typing this, I may join you in getting my first speeding ticket.

    So I realized i never posted "the rules"- mommy brain. Oh well, you all are smart and figured it out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the well deserved award.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your award! You have an adorable blog. Just found you on FFF MBC. And I suck at math too. Maybe we are twinsies? Anyway, following you now! Looking forward to reading more. Come by and visit me sometime too if you wish:

    http://organicmotherhoodwithcoolwhip.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. PS Love your Dr. Suess quote. Dr. Suess is my hero.

    ReplyDelete
  9. thank you...you're so sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Too Funny!!

    Stopping by from MBC and now following you.

    You can find me here~

    http://debshere.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on your award! following you via MBC
    http://www.TurboFanatic4Life.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ Comments. And I ♥ YOU! Thanks!