Sunday, March 7, 2010

March Madness: The Birth of Blogs

Nothin' like squeaking in a post just under the wire, eh? Thought I wouldn't get 'er in today, didn't you??? Yeah, I didn't either. But here I am, watching the Oscars (what's up with George Clooney looking all pissy tonight?) while I hear my bed calling my name. So, a quick post before I heed that call! I really want to respond to a bloggy award that I was given but that will have to wait until tomorrow!

This is a crazy busy week for me and I have no clue how I will get everything done, but I am going to take a deep breath and dive right into the deep end. Hope I will keep my head above water.

One quick thought for the day: Grant pulled up our first blog (4 blogs ago. really.) last night and we had so.much.fun. going back and reading those first posts. Windows Live Spaces. That was our first blogging platform. January 11, 2007. That was our first post date. We birthed our blog after starting the adoption process as a way to communicate our progress with friends and family, and as a way to connect with other adoptive families or PAPs (prospective adoptive parents). And then, 3 blogs later...here we are!

After that little walk down memory lane, and when I think back on our life pre-Miles I have two thoughts: 1) I used to have more brain cells and be way more interesting...what happened??, and 2) What the hell did I do with all of that free time???

I love having these blogs to reference to how life used to be. It's a history book, a postcard, a networking tool, a time machine and a scrapbook all rolled into one. How cool is that? I know those of you who have blogs will agree with that. I guess tonight I am just feeling grateful for the ability to look back .. and look forward ... all at the same time.

What was your first blog, and when/why did you start it? Do you ever go back and read your old posts?

2 comments:

  1. OK I watched the Oscars too until I crapped out at all of the lighting/costume awards - yawn!

    I do not know what was with George Clooney. Was he trying to be funny, by not being funny? He usually can take a joke. And his girfriend/date - poor thing. Does she not know that she will be gone soon? She looked so smug.

    I love Meryl Streep - now she is funny!

    and YAY for Sandra!!!!!!!! WHen I grow up I want to be like her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh... I go back and read my posts all the time. It's the only way I can remember anything! :-)

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ Comments. And I ♥ YOU! Thanks!