Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Let the Truth Be Told, On Tuesday

(This one is for Christine and Emily)

I have often laughed at comments people have made on our blog for Miles. Not because they are ridiculous or I think they are dumb, but so many times I think "If you only knew!" I get comments like "OMG, what a little angel he is!" or "You guys look so perfectly happy!". And yes, he is our angel (we wouldn't have given him a middle name of Gabriel if we didn't think so) and yes some of the time we are blissfully happy. But let's face it: we don't live in La La Land. We live in the real world where there are hard days, yelling, tantrums and tears.

Our life is not perfect.

This is not a revelation. It's just the truth.

Like many people who frequent blogs of those with young children, most of what I see is happy faces. Perfectly dressed and well-behaved children. But do you know what my favorite blogs are?? Not the ones with picture after picture of their cute kids. [Although, that is what MY blog is--I am super surprised that anyone still looks at it, to be honest. It's all fluff--but fluff that I love!] My favorite blogs are the ones where TRUTH is told. I'm not talking about airing dirty laundry or throwing all of your skeletons out of your closet (because blogs that share TMI are, in a word, annoying): I am talking about truth. Moms who admit to having bad days are my heroes. Women who talk about how they haven't had a date with their husbands in 6 months and can't remember the last time they shaved their legs are a breath of fresh air to me. I love that stuff. I have always, always wished I could be that honest about my life as it is. But for reasons that I think I have already thoroughly explained (mostly because I don't want to complain and think people don't really care what I think) I have not written down all of the stuff I have wanted to.

Well, now I am here to do that!

If there is a truth to be told that I think might be helpful to share, I will do that from now on. "Let the Truth Be Told, on Tuesday" shall henceforth be a staple of this blog.

So, thank you to all of my fellow bloggers who put the truth out there every day. You are brave and strong and I aspire to be more like you. Keep it up!

5 comments:

  1. Amen, sister! Thanks for honesty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hallelujah! I rejoice with you, while at the same time I know that my blog is one of the happy-sappy ones. Boo for me ;-( Yay for you for stepping out, my friend :-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. The truth Tuesday today would be that I was SO that mother in the mall chasing down my 2 year old saying to myself, "When I catch you, you little turkey you are done for", all while recieving glares from old ladys and me actually rolling my eyes at them. Can you believe I did that?
    Not to mention my parents sitting on a bench watching the whole circus cracking up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, yeah!!!
    it took me a bit, but i found you! and i am so glad that you are letting the truth be told here, not just on tuesday but EVERYDAY (from what i have read, so far!!) let me have it, girl! i can't wait to read along.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY!!! Love that you are making this a staple too!

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ Comments. And I ♥ YOU! Thanks!