Tuesday, February 23, 2010

13, because there are no bones in ice cream

A glimpse into the kinds of conversations I have with my husband.


Anne: If mosquitoes didn't have wings would bats eat other kinds of bugs?

Grant: If a canoe was rolling down a hill and lost a wheel how many pancakes would it take to cover a doghouse?

Anne: What? [laughing]

Grant: 13, because there are no bones in ice cream.

Anne: [laughing harder]

Grant: What the hell? Why are you asking about wingless mosquitoes?

Anne: [still laughing] I was just reading an article about people who are genetically altering female mosquitoes so they don't have wings.

Grant: Well, then they would just bite your toes.

Anne: [more laughing]

Grant: Or, they would do it tick-style and climb up into your hairy parts and bite you where it counts.

Anne: [tears, gasping for air] Maybe they should just let the poor little mosquitoes have wings.

Grant: Yep.

3 comments:

  1. I love your conversations, part of the reason I love you both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I think I need another cup of coffee now... this is normal?! I don't think I'd ever be able to have a "regular" conversation in your house!! Fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ROFL!!!! That is cute!

    Did you hear the mosquitos are supposed to be bad this year? :-((

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ Comments. And I ♥ YOU! Thanks!