Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Optimism

I am feeling optimistic today.

First of all, although I am still stunned by the depth of suffering in Haiti, I feel optimistic for their future. Helen Keller said it best: "The world is full of suffering, it is also full of overcoming it." The power of millions of people coming together for a common cause is a beautiful thing to watch. The prayers, money and support that is flowing is amazing. I am planning a little event to help Haiti, and will talk more about it when plans are more solid.

Then, I am feeling optimistic about my future, my career. There are some good things on the horizon. Remember when I said I feel like I am on the verge of something BIG but I just didn't know what it was?? I think I am starting to figure it out. Maybe. We will see. Stay tuned ;)

I am also feeling optimistic about my ability to keep kicking butt with my New Year's Resolutions. Have you noticed that it only takes a few weeks for people to STOP talking about New Year's Resolutions altogether? The questions end, the blog posts fade away...I am trying my hardest to fight that! I am still doing awesome with my cash budget and I am still working on my gratitude journal. And I am still a blonde. ;)

I hope my optimism stays. I like how it feels.

p.s. Do you heart I Heart Faces?? Well then you need to check out THIS entry! It's amazing!!! (but then again, I might be a little biased...)


5 comments:

  1. Very nice! I want to hear more, esp. about your career and what's on the horizon!

    Shawna

    ReplyDelete
  2. First - you GO girl!!! You've completely inspired me about some things I have on the horizon too... thank you.

    Second - (before I go kick some tushie on big things) I LOVE that photo!!! Eek!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah, I love that photo, thanks for the shoutout.
    can't wait to hear on career changes. Also heard form a little birdy at your church that you are kickin' some Haiti Earthquake butt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love an optimistic feeling! Can't wait to hear about all this on the horizon stuff of yours - you'll have to fill me in, pretty please!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photo!
    Great quote, love the optimism.

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ Comments. And I ♥ YOU! Thanks!